Boulder County Transportation manages the construction projects for roads, bridges, pathways, drainage improvements and trails. The projects listed on this page are related to flood recovery and regularly scheduled roadway maintenance.
Construction-Related Travel Impacts
County Road Projects
Williams Fork Trail Multi-Use Path Enhancements and Twin Lakes Road Concrete Replacement
- Twin Lakes Road CLOSED at Brandon Creek Drive starting Monday, March 16
- Road is too tight to complete concrete roadway panel replacement without closure
- This alignment will be in place at this location for two weeks (24 hours a day, seven days a week)
- Additional detours may be needed to finish the roadway portion of the project
- Detour signage will be posted.
- Work hours = 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. — January through May
- Project website
N. 61st/N. 63rd Street CLOSED between Hygiene Road and CO 66
Starting Monday, Jan. 20, N. 61st St. and N. 63rd St. between Hwy 66 and Hygiene Rd. will be closed to through traffic. Specifically, the closure will be just south of the bridge over St. Vrain Creek on 61st St. All residents on 61st and 63rd streets will have access to their driveways and properties. The closure will be in place for approximately two months. The work is being completed by Boulder County Parks and Open Space. Project website.
Airport Road/Diagonal Highway – Turning lane closures from Airport onto Diagonal
Road Maintenance is completing a flood protection project on the bridge abutments. They are armoring the concrete to protect against scour from high/fast water, which was seen in 2013. In order to safely complete the work, the turning lane from southbound Airport Road onto the Boulder-bound Diagonal Highway will need to be closed from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on multiple weekdays until early April. Crews will suspend operations when creek flows become too high to safely operate equipment, then they’ll return in the late summer/early fall to complete the work.
Fairview Drive CLOSED at Marshallville Ditch for Emergency Culvert Replacement
Fairview Drive will be CLOSED to cars and bikes at Marshallville Ditch (see map) starting at 7 a.m. on Tuesday, March 17. The closure will be in place 24-hours a day, 7-days a week for four to six weeks. All work is weather dependent. The existing culvert is failing and is at risk of collapse.
Thank you for following restrictions! We apologize for any inconvenience.
- US 36 between Lyons and Estes Park – DELAYS AND FULL ROAD CLOSURES
- Monday, March 9, at 12:01 a.m., US 36 will close to through traffic at Mile Point 8 and remain closed until the week of April 7. Click here for more information on this closure.
- Foothills Parkway/CO 157 – Lane shifts and closures due to pedestrian underpass construction by the City of Boulder
- Project goal is to build a new multimodal underpass in the same location
- Expect lane shifts on Foothills throughout construction
- Anticipated end date = August 2020
- Contact – Noreen Walsh – 303-441-4301 or email@example.com
- Valmont Road lane reductions for Xcel gas line project
- Xcel Energy contractors replacing a gas line just east of 75th Street
- Expect delays and flaggers controlling traffic
- 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Frida
- SH 119/Boulder Canyon Drive Reconstruction Project – CDOT April 2019 to February 2021
- Expect significant travel delays and roadway closures
- Project hotline = 720-500-9912
- Project email = CDOTCO119@gmail.com
- Text “CO119” to 21000 to receive project alerts
- Northern Water – Southern Water Supply Project
- Northern Water is constructing a new pipeline between Carter Lake in Larimer County and Boulder Reservoir in Boulder County
- The project will also require short travel delays on Boulder County Roads including (see map):
- N. 75th Street
- N. 73rd Street
- N. 63rd Street
- Hygiene Road
- Niwot Road
- Project Website
- Contact Information
- Special Event Permit Requests – Pending & Approved taking place throughout Boulder County
- Learn about road closures in the City of Boulder at www.BoulderConeZones.net.
- Learn about road closures in Longmont
- Learn about road closures in Lafayette
- Learn about road closures in Louisville
- Learn about road closures in Erie