Boulder County Public Works manages construction projects in unincorporated Boulder County for roads, bridges, multi-use pathways, and drainages.
Construction-Related Travel Impacts
County Road Projects
Drainage improvement project at Niwot Road and Walker Avenue requires lane closure on Walker with detours for northbound traffic
A drainage improvement project will start at the intersection of Niwot Road and Walker Avenue on Monday, Dec. 13. To safely facilitate the project, traffic on Walker Avenue will be limited to southbound only, which means traffic will only be able to enter onto Walker from Niwot Road and not exit. A temporary traffic signal will be installed at Paiute Avenue during construction so residents and school staff and visitors can safely exit the area. The multi-use path and crosswalk at Niwot Road and Walker Avenue will remain open during construction. View a map of the traffic control plan for more details on detour routes. The project is expected to take seven weeks to complete, weather permitting.
Magnolia Road bridge rehabilitation project underway
The bridge just south of CO 119/Boulder Canyon Drive on Magnolia Road over Boulder Creek is currently being rehabilitated. In addition to strengthening the bridge, new drainage structures will be installed in the area and the bridge will be resurfaced. Work will take place from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. During working hours, Magnolia Road will be reduced to one lane in the area. Flaggers will be used to direct traffic traffic safely through the work zone, so expect delays. Work is expected to last through January. Crews may need to return in the spring, when temperatures are more favorable, to complete the repaving portion of the project.
Thank you for following restrictions! We apologize for any inconvenience.
- McCaslin Boulevard CLOSED between Coalton Road and CO 128 Sept. 20 to Oct. 8, 2021
- Full roadway closure – cars and bikes
- Town of Superior working on resurfacing project – project notice
- 303-449-3675 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- CO 7 – Lyons to Raymond/Riverside Flood Recovery Reconstruction Project – CDOT August 2021 to December 2022
- Expect significant travel delays and roadway closures starting in Sept. 2021
- Project Webpage
- Project hotline = 720-912-8870
- Project email = CO7Info@kiewit.com
- Text “CO7UPDATES” to 21000 to receive project text alerts
- Special Event Permit Requests – Pending & Approved taking place throughout Boulder County
- Utilize CDOT’s COtrip.org website to see real time traffic condition updates on state highways
- Learn about road closures in the City of Boulder at www.BoulderConeZones.net.
- Learn about road closures in Longmont
- Learn about road closures in Lafayette
- Learn about road closures in Louisville
- Learn about road closures in Erie