Boulder County Public Works manages the construction projects for roads, bridges, pathways, drainage improvements and trails. The projects listed on this page are related to flood recovery and regularly scheduled roadway maintenance.
Construction-Related Travel Impacts
County Road Projects
US 287 & Isabelle Road Intersection Safety Improvements Project
- Project Hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Saturday
- Expect single-lane closures on Isabelle Road during working hours
- Impacts to US 287
- Daytime, weekday lane closures and traffic shifts on US 287
- Expect delays – Alternate routes advised
- Project anticipated to last until August 2021
- Project Website
4th of July Road closed AUG. 3 for resurfacing work; No access to Hessie Trailhead during work
In order to safely and effectively resurface the gravel portion of 4th of July Road/CR 130, the roadway will need to be closed to in both directions between the Hessie Trailhead and Shelf Road/the road to Eldora ski area from 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 3. Access to residents of Eldora will be maintained. The hard closure will be located at the west side of Eldora where the pavement ends and gravel road begins, no one will be allowed beyond that point until work is complete. See a map. Boulder County Public Works Road Maintenance Division will be completing the work.
Due to an extremely confined work zone, no motor vehicles, bicycles, or pedestrians/hikers will be allowed through the actual construction area while work is being performed.
61st/63rd Street Milling and Paving starts July 12
- 61st/63rd Street will see milling and paving work starting Monday, July 12
- Work is anticipated to end by Friday, Aug. 13 weather permitting
- Work Hours = 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday
- Expect lane closures and associated travel delays during working hours
- The roadway will be in a less-than-ideal condition during work, so please use caution.
71st Street Construction Project
- Culvert installation, roadway, and multi-use path/trail improvements between Lookout Road and Winchester Circle
- January 2021 through August 2021
- Expect travel delays due to daytime, weekday single-lane closures
- Project Website
Thank you for following restrictions! We apologize for any inconvenience.
- CO 7 – Lyons to Raymond/Riverside Flood Recovery Reconstruction Project – CDOT August 2021 to December 2022
- Expect significant travel delays and roadway closures
- Project hotline = 720-912-8870
- Project email = CO7Info@kiewit.com
- Text “CO7UPDATES” to 21000 to receive project text alerts
- Special Event Permit Requests – Pending & Approved taking place throughout Boulder County
- Learn about road closures in the City of Boulder at www.BoulderConeZones.net.
- Learn about road closures in Longmont
- Learn about road closures in Lafayette
- Learn about road closures in Louisville
- Learn about road closures in Erie