Valuation Appeals—Notice of Determination
Property Information, Mapping, & Data
Property Data Download
- The Assessor’s Office policies reflect those of Boulder County, outlined in the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA).
Comparable Property Sales
- Recent Sales Activity—lists of sales for specified time frames. These lists are not intended to be used for real property assessment appeals.
Ask a Question about Your Property
- Business Personal Property appeals are accepted as on-time June 15 through June 30 each year.
Ask a question about your business personal property.
- Real Property appeals are accepted as on-time May 1 through June 1 each year.
Ask a question about your real property.
Search for your Notice of Value (NOV) online.
Senior Tax Exemption
The Colorado Constitution establishes a property tax exemption for qualifying senior citizens, surviving spouses of senior citizens who previously qualified, and for disabled veterans.
As of January 1
- of the year that you apply, qualifying seniors must be:
- 65 years of age, and
- Have lived in the home continuously for 10 years.
- Have owned the home continuously for 10 years.
Effect on Taxes
- The exemption goes into effect for tax year of the application 2017.
- The discount will first appear on the tax bill sent the following January.
- The exemption remains in effect until a disqualifying event occurs, such as: properties placed in trust, LLCs or other legal entities, surviving spouse, or home was destroyed by a natural disaster
Applications must be filed no later than July 15 for the exemption to apply to your tax bill the following year.
Property Value Appeals were accepted May 1 through June 1, 2017
The Assessor’s Office will mail Notices of Determination to property owners who filed on-time appeals at the end of August, 2017. Property owners will have until September 15, 2017 to appeal their determination to the Board of Equalization.
The Assessor’s Office gathers and maintains information on properties, including:
- Building measurements
- Construction type
- Construction costs
- Rental income, if applicable
Sources for this information are:
- Real property deeds and declarations
- Subdivision maps
- Building permits
- Local building contractors
- Property owners
- Declarations filed by owners of taxable personal property
- Onsite inspections by staff