See Marshall Fire Recovery or call 303-413-7730 for assistance, resources and information on the Marshall Fire.

County offices are closed for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day on Jan. 17. Public safety services continue on a regular schedule and the DAC is open.

Marshall Fire
Smoke covers a neighborhood in the Marshall Fire on Dec. 30, 2021.

NEW DAC HOURS: Beginning Saturday, Jan. 15, the Disaster Assistance Center will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., seven days a week. It was previously open until 7 p.m. .

Two upcoming community meetings are scheduled for Marshall Fire-impacted residents from 6-8 p.m. on Jan. 19 and 20.

The Wednesday, Jan. 19 virtual community meeting is for Unincorporated Boulder County residents and will focus on rebuilding for those with destroyed or damaged homes in the unincorporated areas of the county. Register here..

The Thursday, Jan. 20 virtual community meeting is for all impacted residents in Boulder County and will focus on debris removal and public health issues for impacted homes and neighborhoods. Register here..

A previous virtual community meeting with sessions for the three impacted jurisdictions was held on Jan. 6 to provide important details and answer questions. Recordings of these meetings are available on YouTube.

The Disaster Assistance Center is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. seven days a week

The Boulder County Disaster Assistance Center (DAC), located at the Boulder County Southeast County Hub at 1755 South Public Road in Lafayette, is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. seven days a week.

Beginning Saturday, Jan. 15, the hours for the Disaster Assistance Center shifted to 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., seven days a week. It was previously open until 7 p.m.

Boulder County community members impacted by the Marshall Fire can visit the Disaster Assistance Center to access a range of services including property loss and filing claims for assistance, financial and food assistance, mental health supports, transportation, and more.

The following resources are available:

  • Consultation on property loss and filing claims for assistance
  • Gift cards for replacement of food and transportation costs
  • Information about short- and long-term housing
  • Help with vital records
  • Referrals to emergency shelter
  • Food assistance
  • Mental health services
  • Transportation vouchers
  • Referrals for personal finance planning

Assistance is available in English and Spanish. All impacted community members are welcome regardless of documentation status.

The Boulder County Public Call Center

Please reach out to the Boulder County Public Call Center (303-413-7730) if you were impacted by the fire and need information. The call center is closed on weekends. The call center hours from Monday, January 17, 2022 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day ) to Friday, January 21, 2022 are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Disability & Disaster Hotline

Community members who need additional support can call/text 1.800.626.4959

Countywide Damage Assessment Map

Detailed damage assessment inspections have been conducted in the field. View a countywide map (searchable by address) at

There will continue to be ongoing verification of damage. To self-report a damaged or destroyed structure that is not shown on the map, please visit

Marshall Fire Resource Flyers

After the Disaster Guidebook

  • Boil Water Notice– 1/7 Update: Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE) removed all boil water advisories for the water systems impacted by the Marshall Fire.
  • Safe Cleanup After a FirePlease note that COVID-19 face coverings are not adequate for fire cleanup; N-95 respirators should be used. If you are using combustion space heaters to keep pipes from freezing in a home that is without power, you must protect yourself from carbon monoxide poisoning. This means ensuring that carbon monoxide detectors are installed and working properly and that you are following the manufacturer’s guidance for ventilation.
  • Food Safety After a Fire
  • Air Quality
  • Tetanus Risk & First Aid After a Fire: After a fire, there is risk of injury as cleanup efforts begin. Tetanus is a concern for persons with both open and closed wounds, and a tetanus vaccination is recommended for all residents returning to the burn area who have not had a documented dose within the past ten years. Prompt first aid management for wounds and prevention of infection is another important consideration. If you receive a puncture wound or a wound contaminated with feces, soil, or saliva, a health care professional should determine if a tetanus booster is necessary, based on individual records.

Staying healthy after a fire

  • Do not disturb ash or debris from fires!
  • An N95 or equivalent mask is strongly recommended when you’re cleaning your home and if you’re outdoors in burn areas.
    • PLEASE NOTE: Most face coverings worn to protect against COVID-19 are not adequate to protect against the fine ash particles created by a fire.
  • Wipe surfaces with a damp cloth and avoid harsh chemical cleaners – stick with soap and water.
  • Only use vacuum cleaners with a HEPA filter.
  • Take off your shoes before entering your home to avoid spreading ash.
  • Get your HVAC ducts professionally cleaned as soon as you can.
    • Replace your HVAC filters as soon as they appear soiled.
    • Use the highest level of filtration recommended by the manufacturer.
    • Consider an activated carbon pre-filter to reduce odors.
  • Test your fire and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure that they work properly.
  • If you are using a combustion space heater, make sure you follow the manufacturer’s guidance for ventilation to prevent carbon monoxide exposure.
    • Never leave the house or sleep while combustion space heaters are operating.
  • Thoroughly check all visible plumbing fixtures and piping for leaks and be alert for signs of broken pipes inside the walls – especially exterior walls.
  • Learn potential health impacts of exposure to fire smoke.
  • Learn how to safely clean up after a fire.

Debris Clean-Up Information & Requirements

Complete and Submit a Right of Entry Form Immediately

Anyone who sustained damage to their property or whose home was destroyed should submit a Right of Entry/Hold Harmless Agreement Form as soon as possible, even if you are opting out of the debris removal program. The sooner you submit this form the quicker clean-up work can start on your property. Send completed forms to:

    • Fax – 720-564-2227
    • Drop off at the DAC – Debris Team table available starting Tuesday, Jan. 11
    • Mail
      • Boulder County Resource Conservation Division
        C/O Debris Team
        1901 63rd Street, Boulder, CO 80301

Debris removal is a priority for the County. There were many homes destroyed and damaged, and we know this is not just debris. What remains is part of your home, possessions, and memories. We empathize with you and understand that you are all anxious to take the first step to rebuild your homes. We are working on getting the answers you need, but as frustrating as it may be these answers take time. For more information, please visit the Debris Removal Program webpage.

We do not recommend sifting through ash due to the numerous health concerns associated with disturbing toxic chemicals. If you would still like to proceed with sifting, we strongly recommend retaining the assistance of trained volunteers at Crisis Cleanup by visiting or by calling 720-206-0627.

We strongly encourage everyone affected to visit the Disaster Assistance Center (DAC) at 1755 South Public Road in Lafayette to get connected to resources, ask questions, and get more information.

Foundation Evaluation & Removal

Fire usually destroys the structural integrity of structure foundations. A foundation must be evaluated by a Colorado Licensed Structural Engineer if you wish to try and re-use it. If the foundation is not reusable, it should be removed as part of the property clean up. A deconstruction permit from Community Planning & Permitting is required for removal of the foundation. Permit applications for deconstruction can be made through Boulder County’s online portal. If the foundation is determined to be intact and structurally sound it may be integrated into the building permit plan set for the new house.

Other Considerations

Post-Fire Smoke Impacts

If your house is still intact but was affected by smoke, please refer to How to Mitigate Post-Fire Smoke Impacts in Your Home by the Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES) at the University of Colorado Boulder.

OWTS a.k.a. Septic

If your tank and/or soil treatment area (leach field) was not damaged it could be reused if the property is redeveloped. Sewer lines should be capped until ready to be reconnected. Consider having the tank pumped as part of your property clean up.

If the property will not be redeveloped, the septic tank should be properly abandoned. Have the tank pumped and then filled with sand or gravel, remove, or crush and leave in place.

When returning to your property, inspect the area where your septic system is located for signs of damage from fire and traffic from fire-fighting operations. If you feel your septic system may have been damaged, discontinue use until a licensed professional has inspected the system. The system may have been impacted if:

  • Plastic piping above ground has melted.
  • Evidence of vehicle traffic in the area of the system.
  • The raised system was in the direct line of fire (i.e. grass on top is scorched).
  • There is damage in the area where the pipes enter the home.

What to do When Your Onsite Wastewater Treatment System Experiences a Power Outage

Waterlines and Water Wells

If you are serviced by a well inspect your wellhead for damage. If there is damage cover the wellhead and contact a well service provider. If water is supplied by another service provider please contact them directly.

Insurance Coverage

If your property is damaged or destroyed, the guidance provided below will help you get started on the road to recovery, make good decisions, and keep moving forward:

Each insurance provider and policy is different, so be sure to reach out to your specific provider for more information about your coverage options for cleanup and the options for the future of your property. If you do not have rental or home insurance, please apply for FEMA assistance.

Frequently Asked Insurance Questions

  • Underinsurance: In response to the needs of those affected by the Marshall Fire, the Colorado Division of Insurance (the Division) has posted a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Underinsurance. The Division is aware that many homeowners impacted by the Marshall Fire are concerned that they may not be fully insured for partial or total losses, which is commonly referred to as “underinsurance.” These FAQs were developed based on questions the Division received during its January 4 town hall and questions Division staff have received at the Disaster Assistance Center.
  • Additional Living Expenses: The Colorado Division of Insurance has posted a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Additional Living Expenses (ALE) coverage that is part of many homeowners and renters insurance policies. Also called “Coverage D – Additional Living Expenses (or Loss of Use),” the purpose of ALE is to help you if your home is a total loss or rendered uninhabitable due to damage.

Find more information about insurance and the Marshall Fire on the Division’s Marshall Fire Response website. You can reach the Division’s Consumer Services Team by calling 303-894-7490, or by sending an email to

FEMA Assistance for Residents & Businesses

Colorado encourages all individuals impacted by the Marshall Fire to apply for FEMA’s Individual Assistance Program. Individuals should first call their insurance agents and then apply for federal assistance. If you do not have rental or home insurance, please apply for FEMA assistance.

Residents and business owners who sustained losses in the designated counties can begin applying for assistance tomorrow by registering online or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or 1-800-462-7585 (TTY) for the hearing and speech impaired. The toll-free telephone numbers will operate from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. (local time) seven days a week until further notice. If you use a relay service, such as video relay service (VRS), captioned telephone service or others, give FEMA the number for that service.


  • Xcel Energy has the latest information about the company’s efforts to restore gas and electricity. Please visit their Marshall Fire updates website for the most current public information.
  • Trash: Large trash receptacles for anyone impacted by the fire have been placed in two locations so far:
    • West side of the intersection of Eldorado Springs Drive/Marshall Road
    • Camden Interlocken Apartments, across from the outdoor community pool (please do not use apartment complex’s regular trash areas) – 705 Eldorado Blvd. Broomfield, CO 80021

Food Assistance

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)*

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
SNAP helps individuals and families buy food that is healthy and nutritious. Apply for SNAP through Colorado PEAK or through the MyCOBenefits mobile app (available on Google Play or the App Store).

Paper applications are also available. Please scan or take a clear picture of each page and email to

For SNAP application assistance, call Hunger Free Colorado at 720-382-2920, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Other Resources

Boulder Area Rental Housing Association

Boulder County’s partner, the Boulder Area Rental Housing Association (BARHA), is currently listing available housing resources for community members impacted by the Marshall Fire. Displaced residents can visit for available properties and resources. Please note that Boulder County is sharing this list as a resource and is not currently coordinating these housing listings.
Additional resources may become available to Boulder County to help with both short- and long-term housing. Please visit the Boulder County Disaster Assistance Center and register with us so we can provide help that is available now and follow up with you with additional assistance later.

Community Partners

Help, including financial assistance, may also be available through community non-profit organizations such as Sister Carmen Community Center in Lafayette, EFAA in Boulder, and OUR Center in Longmont.

Housing Resources Flyer

Vital Records

Replacement Colorado driver licenses and state IDs: The Colorado Division of Motor Vehicle will have a mobile unit to issue driver licenses and IDs to fire victims at the Disaster Assistance Center every day from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. beginning Friday, January 7 through Sunday, January 16.

Replacement home/property deeds, marriage certificates, vehicle titles/registration and more: See this Clerk & Recorder page for information on replacement documents. Additionally, the Boulder County Clerk & Recorder – Motor Vehicle Division will have staff at the Disaster Assistance Center Friday, January 14 and Saturday, January 15 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Staff can print duplicate titles, reissue plates, etc.

Other Vital Records: People needing copies of birth and death certificates and other identification can apply at the Disaster Assistance Center. Additionally, Congressman Joe Neguse’s Office is offering assistance in replacing documents (Social Security cards, passports, drivers’ licenses, birth certificates) that have been lost in the fire. Please email with a list of documents you need replaced and they will get you connected with a constituent advocate from their office to help you through the process for each document. The office number is 303-335-1045.

Property Tax: The Boulder County Assessor’s office is working alongside the Boulder Office of Emergency Management to assess the damage of properties as safely and efficiently as possible. Please see this Assessor page for more information.

Immigration Documents

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is at the Disaster Assistance Center (1755 S Public Road, Lafayette, CO) to assist individuals who lost immigration documents during the Marshall Fire, including Green Cards, Employment Authorizations, and Certificates of Naturalization/Citizenship. USCIS can expedite replacement documents and provide temporary documents showing proof of lawful permanent residence.

To replace documents destroyed in the fire:

Option 1: File for replacement documents online at Fees may apply.

Option 2: Visit the USCIS table at the Disaster Assistance Center. If you cannot make it to the Disaster Assistance Center, please contact Karla Mier (Reed Immigration, LLC) for assistance at 303-957-0192 or

The Disability and Disaster Hotline can be reached at: 800-626-4959 (call/text) or email:

Disaster Distress Helpline for Deaf ASL users — 800-985-5990

Direct Contact for older adults and people with Disabilities: Erika Dubray – direct: 303-480-5652 | email:

Help for Medicaid Members Affected by the Marshall and Middle Fork Fires Marshall & Middle Fork Fire Assistance webpage or CCHA Member Support Services 303-256-1717

Center for People with Disabilities: or 303-442-8662

Early Childhood Council of Boulder County

Parents who now need temporary or emergency child care can visit the Early Childhood Council of Boulder County’s website for information on how to contact the Colorado Shines Referral Program. You can also complete the Child Care Referral form and the ECCBC will do what they can to help.

Mental & Emotional Health

One of the key lessons learned from previous wildfire and flood disasters is that these events can have a significant impact on an individual’s well-being. And it impacts everyone differently and at different times, sometimes right away and sometimes months later. Adults and children across the community who were impacted by the fires may experience normal stress response symptoms like mood swings, sleep disruption, and other stress reactions.

View more information on mental health after a wildfire.

Personal Finance Program

The Boulder County Personal Finance Program (PFP) is here to help you navigate financial uncertainty, The PFP team offers both phone and virtual appointments to review your individual circumstance, talk about options and help you create a plan. All appointments are free and confidential, and Spanish-speaking coaches are available. Here’s how to reach us:

  • Request an appointment via the PFP web page(click on “Request an Appointment”)
  • call 720-564-2279 (option 1 for English and option 8 for Spanish) and leave a voicemail (call-backs within 48 hours), or
  • email

Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

Special tax law provisions may help taxpayers and businesses recover financially from the impact of a disaster, especially when the federal government declares their location to be a major disaster area. Depending on the circumstances, the IRS may grant additional time to file returns and pay taxes. Both individuals and businesses in a federally declared disaster area can get a faster refund by claiming losses related to the disaster on the tax return for the previous year, usually by filing an amended return.

For more information from the IRS regarding assistance during a disaster, please visit IRS Disaster Assistance and Emergency Relief for Individuals and Businesses.

Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA)

DUA provides unemployment benefits and re-employment assistance services to eligible survivors affected by a Presidentially-declared major disaster. These services are under the responsibility of the U.S. Department of Labor and administered by the state, territorial, tribal, and local government emergency management officials of the affected area(s). DUA is only available to those eligible survivors who are not eligible for regular state unemployment insurance (UI).

Small Business Administration

The Small Business Administration offers disaster assistance in the form of low interest loans to businesses, nonprofit organizations, homeowners, and renters located in regions affected by declared disasters. SBA also provides eligible small businesses and nonprofit organizations with working capital to help overcome the economic injury of a declared disaster.

Monetary donations

Monetary donations can be made to help those impacted by the wildfires through the Boulder County Wildfire Fund, managed by Community Foundation Boulder County:


To volunteer to support recovery efforts, please register at:

Donate materials

Marshall Fire Donation and Resource Center

Location: Flatirons Crossing Mall, former Nordstrom’s location between Macy’s and Dick’s Sporting Goods: 21 W Flatiron Crossing Drive, Broomfield, CO.

Donation drop off: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily starting Monday, 1/10/22 at 1:00 p.m. for truckload donations, Tuesday 1/11/22 for the general public.

Distribution and services for affected individuals: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily starting Wednesday 1/12/22.

Donations: Use center/north entrance

Affected Individuals: Use west entrance, closer to Macy’s


Please visit the Marshall Fire-Related Transportation and Transit Resources page for up-to-date information regarding transportation resources for those affected by the Marshall Fire.

BCBA Virtual Free Legal Clinic

Provides free legal advice appointments with volunteer attorneys on a variety of issues. Apply online at or call 303-440-4758

Boulder County Legal Services/Colorado Legal Services

Provides civil legal services to low-income and senior (60 and over) residents of Boulder county. Apply online at: or call: 303-449-7575

Bridge to Justice

Provides civil legal services for people who do not quality for legal aid, but are below the Area Median Income. Some services are free and some are charged at below market rates. Call: 303-443-1038

Rocky Mountain Legal Center

Providing replacement or new estate planning documents at no cost for people affected by the Marshall Fire. Call: 720-242-8642

Domestic Violence Shelters

Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Nonviolence in Boulder has a shelter and conducts outreach for survivors of domestic violence. Reach them at 303-444-2424.

Safe Shelter of St. Vrain Valley in Longmont has a shelter and conducts outreach for survivors of domestic violence. Reach them at 303-772-4422.

Subscribe to Marshall Fire Recovery News

City & Town Fire Recovery Webpages

Residents of impacted cities and towns can find additional information related to fire recovery and response efforts below:

Other Resources

Sister Carmen Community Center: If you have needs related to the fire, please call 303-665-4342 between 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., or stop by 655 Aspen Ridge Drive, Lafayette, 80026.

The American Red Cross has several resources related to emergency preparedness and fire recovery.

Colorado Wildfire Resource Guide

After the Disaster Guidebook