The Community Protection Division (CPD) serves the people of Boulder County in three ways:
- Works to resolve disputes between individual consumers and businesses.
- Investigates complaints and prosecutes cases involving abuse or exploitation of elder and vulnerable members of our community.
- Engages community members through outreach and education, arming them with tools necessary to protect themselves and to prevent them from becoming victims of crime.
Staff members and volunteers can answer questions, provide assistance, and work to resolve consumer complaints. We are located in the Boulder County Justice Center at 6th and Canyon. To reach our office call 303-441-3700 and ask for the Community Protection Division; we endeavor to return all calls promptly.
Consumer Specialist: Lizbeth Parker
Consumer Specialists: Volunteer Team
Disputes With a Business
We ask that you contact the business first to try and resolve your complaint. If you are unsuccessful then please fill out the form below, answering the questions that pertain to your complaint.
Or download the Mail-in Complaint Form below. With pen or pencil answer all the questions that pertain to your complaint and mail to the address listed on the form.
- Top 10 Ways to Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
- If Identity Theft Happens to You
- Colorado Bureau of Investigations: Identity Theft Reporting and Resources
- Federal Trade Commission: Identity Theft Reporting and Resources
- How to Freeze Your Credit
Landlord – Tenant
- City of Boulder Landlord-Tenant Handbook
- City of Boulder Community Mediation Service
- City of Longmont Landlord-Tenant Handbook
- City of Longmont Mediation Services
- Colorado Legal Help Center
To reach the Community Protection Division, please call (303) 441-3700, or send us a Consumer email.