The Community Protection Division (CPD) serves the citizens of Boulder County in three ways:
- Works to reconcile disputes between individual consumers and businesses.
- Investigates complaints and prosecutes cases involving abuse or exploitation of vulnerable members of our community.
- Engages community members through outreach and education, arming them with tools necessary to protect themselves and to prevent them from becoming victims of crime.
Staff members and volunteers are available Monday through Friday from 8-12 and 1-5 to answer questions, provide assistance, and mediate consumer complaints. We are located in the Boulder County Justice Center at 6th and Canyon. Call 303-441-3700 for further assistance.
Deputy District Attorney: Jane Walsh, Director
Consumer Specialist: Lizbeth Parker
Consumer Specialists: Volunteer Team
We ask that you contact the company first to try and resolve your complaint. If you are unsuccessful then please fill out the following form, answering the questions that pertain to your complaint.
Or download the Mail-in Consumer Complaint Form below. With pen or pencil answer all the questions that pertain to your complaint and mail to the address listed on the form.
- Identity Theft Checklist
- Identity Theft – Top 10 Ways to Protect Yourself
- Identity Theft – Factual Innocence
- If Identity Theft Happens to You
- Take Charge: Fighting Back Against Identity Theft (FTC Web Site)
- “Freeze” Your Credit
- Guidelines for Identifying Mortgage and Foreclosure Fraud
Disputes With A Business
Landlord Tenant Problems
Educational Material and Alerts
- 2014 Consumer Manual
- WARNING: Don’t Pay to Play!!
- Before You Build
- Tips for Preventing Becoming a Victim of Crime
- Wage Theft
- Problems with Mobile Home Titles
Links to Other Resources
- Formulario de Reclamo de Consumidor
- Protéjase Contra el Robo de Identidad
- Comprando un Automóvil Usado
- Acabemos con el Robo de Salarios
- Tiene Dificultades
- Evite Se Victima
- Notario Fraud
- Notarios O Consultadores