Military and Overseas Voters

Military and Overseas Voters

Colorado citizens who are living outside the U.S. and all active military personnel absent from Colorado, including their spouses and voting-age dependents, are eligible to register and vote by mail under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens and Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) and Colorado law.

When registering to vote as an overseas or military voter, you must provide both your residential address in Colorado and your current mailing address. Your residential address is the last residence you maintained in Colorado before your departure.

Before registering, please review the voter registration requirements.

Register or update your registration as a UOCAVA voter by:

Online Voter Registration

Requires Colorado Driver’s License or State ID. If registering online, you MUST complete the UOCAVA Status section and fill in how you would like to receive your ballot.

By Mail or Email

To register or update your registration by mail or email, UOCAVA voters must complete a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) form and return it to our office by mail, email, or fax.

By mail: Elections Division, 1750 33rd St., Suite 200, Boulder, CO 80301
By email: Email a signed PDF to:
By Fax: 303-413-7728

For more assistance with voting abroad or as a UOCAVA voter, visit the Federal Voting Assistance Program.

Contact Us

Elections Division


303-413-7728 (Fax)


Hours: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. M-F


Boulder: 1750 33rd Street
Map & Directions

Longmont: 529 Coffman Street
Map & Directions

Lafayette: 1376 Miners Drive
Map & Directions

Mailing Address

1750 33rd Street, Suite 200
Boulder, CO 80301