Boulder County enacts Stage 1 fire restrictionsNews release

Food Assistance (SNAP)
Food Assistance Program
For the health and safety of our staff and visitors during the COVID-19 pandemic, Boulder County Housing and Human Services has limited in-person assistance at our offices in Longmont and Boulder. See for details. You can also contact us, submit questions, and apply for assistance remotely and online. Call us at 303-441-1000 or text us at 303-441-1069 for help. Read about the many resources available at Resources.
Affordable Rentals in Spanish page

Food Assistance (SNAP)

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, also known as SNAP or Food Stamps provides nutritional food assistance for households who meet certain eligibility criteria.

There are several ways to apply for benefits. Once you apply, we will contact you for a required interview.

Select the one option that is best for you:


Over the Phone:

  • Call the Hunger Free Colorado bilingual hotline at (720) 382-2920 or toll free at (855) 855-4626


  • Download and complete an application and:
  • Email a scanned copy or pictures:
  • Fax: (303) 441-1523
  • Mail or Drop Box:
    • Housing & Human Services, 515 Coffman Street, Longmont, CO 80501
    • 3460 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80304

If you already receive benefits you must recertify every six months. You will receive a Notice to reapply from the State of Colorado when you need to recertify. If you haven’t received a notice, check your Colorado PEAK account. There are two ways to recertify electronically:

In order to qualify for SNAP, a family must meet the following eligibility requirements:

  • Live in Colorado
  • Be a US Citizen or a lawful permanent resident
  • Show proof of identify
  • Meet certain income guidelines

To report a change to your case:

Questions about your case?

  • Use the online PEAK chatbot. At the top, click on Online Assistance
  • Call 303-441-1000
  • Text us at 303-441-1069

How can I turn in documents or report changes to my case?

Always include your name, date of birth or social security number and CBMS case number if you know it.

Check your EBT balance or request a new card

  • Go to EBT Edge to view card balance and transactions
  • Replacement cards or PIN changes can be requested by calling 888-328-2656.
  • If your EBT card is lost, stolen, or damaged, call EBT Customer Service at 1.888.328.2656 (1.800.659.2656 — TTY) to report it and order a new card. This is an automated number that will request your 16-digit card number; if you do not have the card number, hold on the line for additional options.

Replacement MA card

  • Login to your Colorado PEAK acccount
  • Click Request Health First Colorado Card/CHP+ Card on the left hand side

Where do I find forms?

Dropbox locations

  • We have drop box locations at
  • 515 Coffman Street, Longmont CO 80501 on the west, Terry Street side
    3460 Broadway, Boulder CO 80304 on the south entrance side
If you are eligible for food assistance, you may also qualify for services through the Employment First Program. Are you actively looking for work, attending school, working part-time, self-employed, or in need of other resources? See our flyer for information.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

This institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex and in some cases religion or political beliefs.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture also prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027), found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

For any other information dealing with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) issues, persons should either contact the USDA SNAP Hotline Number at (800) 221-5689, which is also in Spanish or call the State Information/Hotline Numbers (click the link for a listing of hotline numbers by State); found online at: SNAP Hotline.

Contact Us

Housing & Human Services

Phone: 303-441-1000
TTY: 1-800-659-3656
Fax: 303-441-1523
Submit a question

Mailing Address
P.O. Box 471
Boulder, CO 80306

Boulder Location

3460 Broadway
Map & Directions

Fax: 720-564-2283
Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM - Monday/Wednesday/Friday

Longmont Location

515 Coffman Street
Map & Directions
Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM - M-F

Housing & Human Services

Connect With Us