Boulder County Area Agency on Aging is committed to serving lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) elders in Boulder County.
Project Visibility is a cultural responsiveness training for service providers and any interested party on the strengths and needs of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Elders. Trainings are tailored for the audience, and typically include a locally-produced short film, a brief “basics” presentation, and interactive exercises. Please contact Beit Gorski, Project Visibility trainer, at email@example.com or 303-441-4518 or visit the Project Visibility website for more information.
Boulder County Area Agency on Aging maintains a confidential email and surface mail list of self-identified LGBT elders (age 60+) and professional allies. The LGBT Program Specialist sends monthly notices of activities of interest, including a variety of community events. The division also hosts an annual celebration for Rainbow Elders called “The Lavender Gala.” To be added to the list, contact:
Silver Lining – A Resource Guide for the Elder LGBT Community
Silver Lining lists safe and friendly resources for the elder LGBT community. Providers that attend and/or host Project Visibility trainings are given a special designation in Silver Lining.
Funding for Rainbow Elders of Boulder County, Project Visibility, Silver Lining, Winter Lavender Gala, and other activities are provided by:
- The Fairfield County Community Foundation –Donor Advised Fund
- The Aging Services Foundation of Boulder County
- Boulder County Area Agency on Aging
- The Daily Camera
- The Jared Polis Foundation
- The Open Door Fund, a fund of the Community Foundation Serving Boulder County
- Dave Ensign Charitable Fund
- The Theodore and Chandos Rice Charitable Foundation
- Many individual donors
Please visit the Project Visibility website for more information.
LGBT Program Awards
- The 2006 n4a (National Association of Area Agencies on Aging) Aging Innovation Awards for Ethnic and Cultural Diversity
- The 2006 NACo (National Association of Counties) Innovation Achievement Award
- Staff commendations: Emily Lewis, 2012 Elder Abuse Awareness & Prevention Awards; Nancy Grimes, 2013 Big Hearts Award
For more information: