April 9, 2019
Andrew Barth, 303-441-1032
US 287 & Isabelle Road Intersection Safety Improvements Project open house April 17
Public invited to review preliminary design plans, talk with staff and provide comment.
Boulder County, Colo. - Boulder County Transportation will host an open house for the public to review preliminary designs and provide feedback on planned safety improvements to the US287 and Isabelle Road intersection. The project’s goal is to increase safety and improve operations by reconstructing the intersection and widening Isabelle Road both east and west of the highway.
What: US 287/Isabelle Road Intersection
Safety Improvements Open House
When: Wednesday, April 17 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Where: Erie Community Center
450 Powers St., Erie, CO
As currently proposed, the project will:
- Widen Isabelle Road from 109th Street (Town of Erie) to 800 feet west of US 287
- Stripe new buffered bike lanes both east and west on Isabelle Road across the intersection
- Lengthen the existing turn lanes on Isabelle Road to reduce conflicts for waiting vehicles
- Add dual left-turn lanes for westbound traffic
- Replace existing traffic signals with new poles on raised islands with
- Install pedestrian crossings on all four corners
- Install new street lights to improve visibility at the intersection.
- Realign the Isabelle Road intersection with109th Street to improve sight distance for both southbound and westbound traffic.
- Construct new wetlands northeast of the intersection to mitigate project impacts and improve habitat.
Preliminary design exhibits and meeting materials are available at www.US287Isabelle.com. Staff will be available to answer questions and take comments. Construction is anticipated to start in 2021.
For more information, contact Andrew Barth at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-441-1032.
All current Boulder County Transportation project information is available at www.BoCoConeZones.com.