Local businesses, schools, youth and recreation organizations are currently committed to helping us care for our open space and trails. Your organization can partner with us too.
Open Space Partnership Program
Celebrating 10 Years
In 2018, the department celebrates the tenth anniversary of the Partnership Program! The interactive timeline highlights some of the major milestones from the past 10 years.
Partner With Us
- It’s Rewarding: We provide satisfying team-building projects that positively impact the community and the environment
- It’s Fun: Projects are educational and offer opportunities for employee bonding and morale enhancement
- It’s Easy: All tools, materials, supervision and guidance are provided
- Commit to at least one volunteer project each year
- Projects are typically 3-5 hours
- Bring 8 or more volunteers
- Have fun while giving back to the community and environment
The first step in becoming a partner is to sign up for a custom project.
Once you’ve completed a project, we will follow-up with you to see if you are still interested in becoming a partner.
Types Of Projects
Restore grade-dips, clean out water diversion structures, resurface the trail tread, and make other general trail improvements. Available April-October.
Ways We Thank Our Partners
Our partners do so much to help us care for our open space and trails. These are just some of the ways we thank our partners.
- Sign acknowledging participation at the cared-for area
- Large, framed landscape photograph
- Acknowledgments on Facebook and Twitter
- Mention in quarterly Images magazine
- Annual Partnership Appreciation Event
- Eligibility for the Partnership Award
The award is given at the annual Land Conservation Awards and recognizes an outstanding Alpine Partner.
- 2017: Defenders of Wildlife for their stewardship of many county properties
- 2016: Singletrack Mountain Bike Adventures for their stewardship of the Canyon Link trail at Betasso Preserve and so many other county trails
- 2015: CU – Program for Writing and Rhetoric for their stewardship of many county properties
- 2014: Redstone Cyclery for their stewardship of Hall Ranch and Heil Valley Ranch
- 2013: Level 3 for their stewardship of Heil Valley Ranch and many other county-owned properties
- 2012: Colorado Geocachers for their stewardship of many county-owned properties
- 2011: Amgen for their stewardship of Pella Crossing
- 2010: Smartwool for their stewardship of Betasso Preserve
- 2009: Boulder Mountainbike Alliance for their many years of trail building and maintenance
Thank you to Boulder Area Trails Coalition, an Alpine Partner, for their generous financial donation toward infrastructure improvements on Heil 2 and their significant contribution toward the trail improvements at Lagerman Agricultural Preserve.
Thanks to our current partners for their commitment to preserving, maintaining and improving open space.
Trail Stewardship Program
Organizations, groups, and businesses volunteer to perform construction and maintenance work on trails at least twice a year.
- Boulder Area Trails Coalition (BATCO)
- Boulder High School – Mountain Bike Team
- Boulder Mountainbike Alliance (BMA)
- Boulder Trail Runners (BTR)
- Redstone Cyclery
- Singletrack Mountain Bike Adventures
- Zeal Optics
Property Stewardship Program
Organizations, groups, and businesses volunteer to perform two stewardship projects each year.
- Altona Middle School
- Corden Pharma
- Defenders of Wildlife
- Dell / EMC2
- Elion Labs
- New Vista High School
- Roarie Bummlers Homeschool
- Rosemount DP Flow
- University of Colorado Boulder – Program for Writing & Rhetoric
- Westview Middle School
- Wildland Restoration Volunteers
Organizations, groups, and businesses volunteer for a weeds, forestry, seed collection, trails or facilities projects for three or more consecutive years or commit to an annual project.
- AES Distributed Energy
- Alexander Dawson
- Alpha Phi Omega
- Analytic Partners
- Boulder Climbing Community
- Boulder Country Day School
- Boy Scouts of Boulder County
- Community United Church of Christ
- E Source
- Emerson Micro Motion
- Foothills United Way
- Hygiene Community Association
- Longs Peak Middle School
- Mapleton School District – Global Leadership Academy
- miRagen Therapeutics
- Nederland Area Trails Organization
- NEO Tech
- NetApp Solidfire
- University of Colorado Boulder – MBA Program
- Volunteers for Outdoors Colorado
Prairie Partners contribute cash or “in-kind” items or help to recruit volunteers.
- Balarat Education Center
- Boulder County Audubon Society
- Boulder County Nature Association
- City of Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks
- City of Westminster
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife
- Goats Galore 4-H Club
- Greenwood Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
- Humane Society of the U.S.
- Interfaith Quilters
- Kids House of Joy
- Longmont Astronomical Society
- Longmont Kiwanis Club
- Prairie Dog Coalition
- St. Vrain Cidery
- US Fish and Wildlife