Prescribed Burn at Ron Stewart Preserve at Rabbit Mountain
Parks & Open Space and the Sheriff’s Office Wildland Fire Management Program will conduct a prescribed burn at Ron Stewart Preserve at Rabbit Mountain sometime between July 17 and September 30. The property will only be closed during ignition days and will reopen when deemed safe.
- Burn window set for July 17 – September 30
- Up to 350 acres will be burned
- Project is part of a five-year approved plan
- Project will reduce surface fuels, reintroduce fire, and induce some mortality in forest structure
- Burn Area Map
- Ron Stewart Preserve at Rabbit Mountain will be closed on ignition days only
- Trail closures include the Eagle Wind Trail, Indian Mesa Trail, and the Little Thompson Overlook Trail
- Park will reopen when deemed safe by fire personnel
- Park visitors will be required to stay on-trail in the burn area
A community meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 28 from 6:30 – 8 p.m. at the Ron Stewart Parks & Open Space Building to discuss the project and answer questions.