Community Service is a sentencing alternative that focuses on individual restitution for offenses with an emphasis on contributing to the community.
- You must meet with a case manager prior to performing community service hours. Any volunteer hours or other community service hours performed prior to meeting with a CJS case manager will not be accepted.
- Community service work sites must be approved in advance by your case manager.
- To successfully complete the program, the contract and full payment must be submitted to Community Justice Services.
- Clients who have been sentenced to Probation must set up an appointment after being referred by their probation officer.
- If you have not made an appointment to meet with a CJS case manager, please call 303-441-3690 (Boulder) or 303-682-6854 (Longmont).
- Walk-In and Appointment hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
To help expedite your case, you may download, fill-in, and print the Community Service Intake Form to bring with you to your appointment with your CJS case manager.
There is a Community Justice Services fee of $100.00. This fee is separate from other Court fines and fees. This fee covers insurance, placement services, and supervision of your case. A portion of the fee must be paid in order to start your Community Service hours. CJS accepts cash, checks and credit/debit cards (there is a $2.50 service charge for credit/debit cards). A fee payment schedule may be arranged with your Case Manager. To pay your community services fee online, please visit the Official Payments website. Download instructions for online payment.
Fast Track Program
The Fast Track program provides an option for clients to complete their Community Service obligation on weekends. The Fast Track crew leaders are bilingual in Spanish and English, and provide a valuable option for monolingual Spanish speaking clients. The program is the only option for clients convicted of violent or sex-related offenses. Fast Track crews assist Non-profit and Boulder County agencies. They are also available for special events. Fast Track meets on Saturdays in both Longmont (1035 Kimbark Street) and Boulder (1777 6th St.) at 8:00 a.m.