Starting Monday, April 12, the Public Works Department will undertake a paving project on Jay Road between US 36/28th Street and CO 119/Diagonal Highway – see map. The project will involve removal of the top layer of the existing asphalt followed by paving of a new surface. Work will also include concrete curb, gutter, and median maintenance, bus stop enhancements, and new cyclist-friendly striping. The project is anticipated to last until the end of June, weather permitting.
- Daytime, weekday travel delays due to lane closures and traffic shifts
- Paving at intersections will result in longer delays in order to let the asphalt cool before allowing vehicles to cross
- Bus stop relocations
- Cyclists may be asked to merge with vehicular traffic when the shoulder is being worked on
- After asphalt milling, the road surface will be in a less than ideal condition. Please use caution and obey posted speed limits
- Andrew Barth – Public Works Communications – email or 303-441-1032