Boulder County Transportation will begin a pedestrian access improvements project on 75th Street at South Heatherwood Drive at 8 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 9. The project will require lane closures on 75th Street, so travelers can expect daytime, weekday delays.
In addition, Ashfield Drive will be closed at South Heatherwood Drive for two weeks beginning Sept. 16. Cars, bikes, and pedestrians will be detoured on Aberdeen Way. Travelers can also expect delays on South Heatherwood Drive.
- Working hours = 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Anticipated project completion = Early November, weather permitting.
- Installation of a new pedestrian crossing on 75th Street north of S. Heatherwood Drive that will include a pedestrian refuge island, pedestrian-activated flashing lights, and additional signage
- A new pedestrian crossing on Ashfield Drive at S. Heatherwood Drive
- Sidewalk and corner ramp improvements
- Enhancements of the culvert on the east side of 75th at S. Heatherwood
- New roadway striping.