Planning and Implementation
The Area Agency for Aging provides leadership in assessing the strengths and needs of older adults; facilitates strategic planning and implementation; and funds and provides services to benefit older adults and their family caregivers.
Research, Surveys, and Plans
Boulder County Area Agency on Aging conducts research about the region and participates in planning every four years. This results in an Area Plan, which is submitted to the State Unit on Aging describing how federal and state funds will be used in the region. At the same time the Age Well Boulder County strategic plan is updated.
During 2014, BCAAA authorized National Research Center (NRC) to conduct a survey of older adults in Boulder County. We also conducted community conversations across the region for input by consumers. A Survey Monkey was sent to many agencies to provide key informant information. The documents below represent reports from the Community Assessment Survey of Older Adults™ (CASOA™) conducted by NRC and include a full report for Boulder County, a Demographic Profile of Boulder County, a geographic subgroup comparison that compares results from the four municipalities of Boulder, Lafayette, Longmont, and Louisville; and a demographic subgroup comparison report demonstrating findings by demographics. The summary of the community conversations compiled by consulting firm KezziahWatkins and the key informant survey summary (needs to be added)
are also linked below.
Updated information 2014:
- 2014 CASOA Survey – Boulder County
- Demographic Subgroup Comparison
- Summary of Community Conversations – 2014
- Geographic Subgroup Comparisons – CASOA
- Demographic Profile – Boulder County
The Area Plan for the July 1, 2015- June 30, 2019 period (as submitted to the State Unit on Aging) and Age Well Boulder County for 2015-2019 are linked below:
Survey and community conversation reports from 2010 are shown below for comparison purposes. The 2010 reports also include comparisons with State of Colorado data:
- CASOA™ Boulder County Full Report, 2010 (794Kb)
- CASOA™ City of Boulder Brief Report, 2010 (518Kb)
- CASOA™ City of Lafayette Brief Report, 2010 (518Kb)
- CASOA™ City of Longmont Brief Report, 2010 (514Kb)
- CASOA™ City of Louisville Brief Report, 2010 (515Kb)
- CASOA™ Boulder County Demographic Subgroup Comparisons, 2010 (194Kb)
- CASOA™ State of Colorado Demographic Subgroup Comparisons, 2011 (319Kb)
- Community Conversations Summary Report, 2010 (794Kb)
The Area Plan for the July 1, 2011- June 30, 2015 period (as submitted to the State Unit on Aging) and Age Well Boulder County for 20011-2015 are linked below: