Radon Leading Cause of Lung Cancer
Radon is the leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers. When radon decays, the particles released are strong enough to pit plastic. More than 20,000 Americans die every year from radon.
Protect Yourself & Your Family
Simple steps can protect you and your family. Homes with high levels of radon can be fixed, and new homes can be built with radon-resistant new construction (RRNC) features.
- A Citizen’s Guide to Radon in English
- A Citizen’s Guide to Radon in Spanish
- Consumer’s Guide to Radon Reduction
- Home Buyer’s and Seller’s Guide
- Home Buyer’s and Seller’s Guide (Spanish)
- Building Radon Out
- World Health Organization Radon Handbook
- Radon & Real Estate in Colorado
Free Radon Test Kits for EnergySmart Participants
Boulder County Public Health is partnering with the residential EnergySmart program to provide free radon test kits to residents enrolled in the program, which helps residents increase their homes’ energy efficiency. Over 500 Boulder County residents have already taken advantage of this opportunity to test their homes. To participate, contact the EnergySmart program at 303-544-1000.