Syringe Access Services
Works Program staff and volunteer peer educators provide outreach, education, and syringe exchange services to reduce HIV and viral hepatitis transmission among drug users who inject and their partners.
The Works Program is a safe, legal, non-judgmental place to get free injection supplies confidentially.
Safer Injection Supplies
The Works Program provides harm reduction supplies to keep people safe. The intention is that a person will access enough supplies so that every shot is with a clean needle for themselves and for their network of peers.
- Sharps containers
- ID card to protect from paraphernalia charges
- Safer sex supplies
- Alcohol wipes
- Antibacterial ointment
- Literature and advice about safer injection practices
Works Program staff provide harm reduction education about safer practices including:
- Wound care and vein health
- HIV & hepatitis C testing and harm reduction counseling
- Vaccinations for influenza, hepatitis A and B, and Tdap
- Referral to addiction recovery services
- Overdose Prevention & Response
- Naloxone (Narcan)
Getting Off Right
A Safety Manual for Injection Drug Users
Developed by the Harm Reduction Coalition