The Boulder County Public Health Vector Control Program aims to prevent the spread of disease from vectors (animals) to humans.
Weekly Animal-Borne Disease Reporting
Zoonotic Disease Reporting for 2022
- One skunk and one raccoon were submitted for rabies testing this week. The skunk tested positive. Results are pending on the raccoon.
- Boulder County has had seven positive rabies specimens to date, Bat (3), Skunk (4).
- Statewide, 30 specimens have tested positive for rabies in 2022. Skunk (18) and Bat (12).
- Both nuisance mosquito species and Culex species (WNV vectors) are above average this week.
- West Nile virus testing for mosquitoes will begin next week.
- Nationally, CDC reports nine WNV cases with one death in Arizona. Arizona (5), Georgia (1), Mississippi (2), Texas (1).