The Boulder County Public Health Vector Control Program aims to prevent the spread of disease from vectors (animals) to humans.
Weekly Animal-Borne Disease Reporting
- Nuisance mosquito species counts are at historical highs across the county for this week.
- Mosquito species counts are average for this week.
- Five mosquito pools were submitted for testing for WNV this week. Results are pending.
- Four bats were submitted for rabies, all testing negative.
- Statewide 68 specimens have tested positive for rabies in 2017 including two domestic dogs in Yuma and Weld Counties. This compares with 88 total positive specimens in 2016.
- Colorado rabies positive specimens 2017: Skunk (49), Bat (12), Dog (2), Fox (4), Coyote (1)
- No specimens have been submitted for plague, tularemia, or hantavirus testing.