The Boulder County Public Health Vector Control Program aims to prevent the spread of disease from vectors (animals) to humans.
Weekly Animal-Borne Disease Reporting
Zoonotic Disease Reporting for 2019
- June 16 – 22 (Week 25)
- Statewide, 90 specimens have tested positive for rabies in 2019; four new positives were found in the last week.
- 2019 Colorado rabies positive specimens: Skunk(74) Bat(11) Raccoon(2) Fox(1) Bovine(1) Dog(1)
- Boulder County has had only two positive rabies specimens to date, both are bats.
- Two raccoons and one bat tested negative for rabies this week.
- Mosquito traps jumped this week with nuisance species; of the 13,493 recorded mosquitoes, only 1.5% were Culex.
- Three mosquito pools were tested for WNV, all were negative.