The Boulder County Public Health Vector Control Program aims to prevent the spread of disease from vectors (animals) to humans.
Weekly Animal-Borne Disease Reporting
Zoonotic Disease Reporting for 2018
- August 5-11, 2018 (Week 32)
- Three human West Nile virus cases are reported in Colorado: Delta (1), Larimer (1), Weld (1). No human cases are reported from Boulder County to date.
- Seventeen mosquito pools were submitted for WNV testing. Four pools tested positive. Risk of infection continues throughout the county.
- Statewide 53 mosquito pools have tested positive for WNV: Larimer (34), Weld (10); Boulder (8), Adams (1).
- Mosquito counts are above average for this week.
- Four bats, one skunk, and one raccoon were submitted for rabies testing this week. The four bats tested negative and results are pending for the skunk and raccoon.
- 2018 Colorado rabies positive specimens: Skunk (199), Bat (61), Raccoon (2), Cat (6), Dog (2), Alpaca (1).
- Boulder County reports three rabies positive specimens for the year: Bat (2), Skunk (1).
- No specimens were submitted for plague, tularemia, or hantavirus testing.