The Boulder County Public Health Vector Control Program aims to prevent the spread of disease from vectors (animals) to humans.
Weekly Animal-Borne Disease Reporting
Zoonotic Disease Reporting for 2018
- Statewide 194 specimens have tested positive for rabies in 2018. This surpasses total positive specimens for all of 2017.
- 2018 Colorado rabies positive specimens: Skunk (172), Bat (17), Raccoon (1), Cat(1), Dog (1), Alpaca (1)
- Boulder County reports only one rabies positive specimen, a skunk.
- Mosquito traps counts are well above historical averages for this week consisting of large numbers of floodwater nuisance mosquitoes.
- Testing of mosquitoes for West Nile virus began this week. All samples tested negative.
- Two raccoons and one skunk were submitted for rabies testing, all testing negative.
- No specimens were submitted for plague, tularemia, or hantavirus testing.