The Boulder County Public Health Vector Control Program aims to prevent the spread of disease from vectors (animals) to humans.
Weekly Animal-Borne Disease Reporting
Zoonotic Disease Reporting for 2020
- CDPHE reports 20 human West Nile virus cases: Boulder (2), Broomfield (1), Delta (10), Denver (3), Jefferson (1), Larimer (3).
- Boulder County recorded five positive West Nile virus mosquito samples this year.
- Positive West Nile virus mosquitoes have been identified from Adams (2), Boulder (5), Delta (15), Denver (1), Larimer (37), La Plata (1) and Weld (6) counties.
- All mosquito control operations have ceased for the season.
- Statewide, 79 specimens have tested positive for rabies in 2020; Bat (46), Skunk (27), Wildlife (2), Domestic (4). Boulder County reports seven positives for the year.
- One prairie dog was submitted for rabies testing, testing negative.
- One dog was submitted for plague and tularemia testing, testing negative.