The Boulder County Public Health Vector Control Program aims to prevent the spread of disease from vectors (animals) to humans.
Weekly Animal-Borne Disease Reporting
Zoonotic Disease Reporting for 2018
- Three human West Nile virus cases are reported in Colorado: Delta (1), Larimer (1), Weld (1). No additional cases were reported this week. No human cases are reported from Boulder County to date.
- Twenty mosquito pools were submitted for West Nile virus testing. Two pools tested positive. Risk of infection continues throughout the county.
- Statewide 85 mosquito pools have tested positive for WNV: Larimer (53), Weld (20); Boulder (10), Adams (2).
- Mosquito counts are above average for this week.
- Four bats and one raccoon were submitted for rabies testing this week. All specimens tested negative.
- 2018 Colorado rabies positive specimens: Skunk (202), Bat (63), Raccoon (3), Cat (6), Dog (2), Alpaca (1).
- Boulder County reports three rabies positive specimens for the year: Bat (2), Skunk (1).
- No specimens were submitted for plague, tularemia, or hantavirus testing.