The Boulder County Public Health Vector Control Program aims to prevent the spread of disease from vectors (animals) to humans.
Weekly Animal-Borne Disease Reporting
Zoonotic Disease Reporting for 2020
- Statewide, 59 specimens have tested positive for rabies in 2020. Boulder County reports five positives.
- Boulder County submitted five bats and one cat for rabies testing. One bat sample was deemed untestable. The remaining samples were negative.
- Total mosquito counts were slightly higher than the previous week but remain below average.
- Boulder County West Nile virus sample results are pending. Five samples have tested positive in Delta County and three in Larimer County in 2020.
- No human West Nile cases have been identified in Colorado.
- The CDC reports 17 WNV cases across 11 states. No deaths are reported.