The Boulder County Public Health Vector Control Program aims to prevent the spread of disease from vectors (animals) to humans.
Weekly Animal-Borne Disease Reporting
Zoonotic Disease Reporting for 2018
- July 8 – 14, 2018
- Weld County reports the first positive West Nile virus pools in the state.
- Twenty six mosquito pools were submitted for WNV. Results are pending
- Statewide 231 specimens have tested positive for rabies in 2018. This number of positive animals surpasses the previous season high of 191 in 2013.
- 2018 Colorado rabies positive specimens: Skunk (185), Bat (37), Raccoon (2), Cat (4), Dog (2), Alpaca (1)
- Boulder County reports two rabies positive specimens for the year: Skunk (1), Bat (1)
- Mosquito traps counts were above average for this week.
- Five bats and one skunk were submitted for rabies testing. The skunk tested negative. One bat was untestable, three bats were negative and results are pending on one specimen.
- No specimens were submitted for plague, tularemia, or hantavirus testing.Previous Reports for 2018