The Boulder County Public Health Vector Control Program aims to prevent the spread of disease from vectors (animals) to humans.
Weekly Animal-Borne Disease Reporting
Zoonotic Disease Reporting for 2020
- Statewide, 47 specimens have tested positive for rabies in 2020.
- In 2019, 163 specimens tested positive for rabies statewide.
- Boulder County has had four positive rabies specimens to date, Bat(3), Dog(1).
- Nuisance mosquitoes remain higher than average. Culex mosquitoes are average for the season.
- No West Nile positive mosquitoes have been identified this year.