You may be eligible for free or subsidized health coverage depending on your income and other factors.
Boulder County offers free, unbiased health coverage affordability program assistance. Please contact us with questions or to schedule a health coverage guide appointment (see “Get Started” below for contact information.)
Important to know…
- Medicaid and Child Health Plan Plus can be applied for and enrolled in at any time throughout the year.
- Private health coverage, on or off the Marketplace (Connect for Health Colorado), has an Open Enrollment period, November 1 – January 15, annually.
- Outside of Open Enrollment, you may still qualify to enroll during a 60-day Special Enrollment Period if you have a “Life Change Event” such as loss of health coverage, a change in marital status, a new household member or the loss of a household member, etc.
- NEW! There is a COVID Special Enrollment opportunity in Colorado, from February 8 – May 15, 2021, for anyone who is without health coverage. This COVID Special Enrollment does not require a life change event as above, just that those enrolling do not have existing health coverage.
- See “The Basics” tab for health coverage program information.