File a Complaint with the Division of Early Care and Learning
Call 911 immediately if you witness a child in a life-threatening situation.
To file a complaint about a licensed or unlicensed child care provider or program call 303-866-5958 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. If calling outside of business hours, you may leave a message. Provide your name, telephone number and mailing address. This information is required for the following reasons:
- To call you back if the investigator needs more specific information about the complaint,
- To call you back if the investigator received contradictory or unclear information during the investigation, and
- To call you to let you know the results of the investigation.
A witness or someone who has first-hand knowledge of the abuse must make the complaint. An anonymous complaint can be made only if the complaint is about an unlicensed child care provider.
All information is kept confidential about parents and children in care. The facility will never know who made the complaint.
To Report Child Abuse or Neglect – 24/7 Hotline
Call 1-844-CO-4-KIDS (844-264-5437)
To report Suspected Unlicensed Child Care call 303-866-5958
To report Alcohol or Drug Abuse
If the provider is currently under the influence of alcohol or drugs and the provider’s ability to care for children is impaired, please follow these steps:
- Call the police. Write down the name of the person you speak with.
- Call the Division of Early Care and Learning at 303-866-5958.
- Be prepared to give the following information:
- Your name, phone number and mailing address
- The Licensee’s name, phone number and address
- Where the incident occurred
- Brief description about the incident/circumstances