Child Care Referrals
Kids playing

Child Care Referrals

The Child Care Resource and Referrals (CCRR) Program provides information and referrals to licensed (homes and centers) child care, preschools, and other services for children and families. This is a free service and is available to all residents of Boulder County (Including Boulder, Erie, Lafayette, Longmont, Louisville, Lyons, Niwot, and Nederland).

Free Child Care Search and Consultation

Families may access referrals by calling either 303-441-3544 or 303-441-4411 and 720-864-6601 for spanish. You can also stop by our office at 515 Coffman St Longmont, CO 80501 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. All information discussed is confidential. Families may also search for child care using the Office of Early Childhood Colorado Shines website.

All of the referred providers are licensed by the Colorado Department of Human Services Division of Early Care and Learning. Beyond verifying licenses, our office does not endorse or recommend any providers, nor do we monitor quality or screen provider files. Only the parent can determine whether a particular child care arrangement is appropriate for their child. It is up to the parent to monitor any child care setting that they choose for their child. Locating the best possible care for your child can take time. “Working Your Way through the Child Care Maze” can be used as a guide when interviewing and visiting providers. We highly encourage you to ask for and to check references. Never leave your child in any center or home if you are told that parents are not welcome to drop in at any time, unannounced. Never leave your child anywhere without having spent some time with the prospective child care provider.

The Colorado Department of Human Services –Office of Early Childhood keeps a file including licensing records and information about complaints and violations for each licensed home and center. These files are open to the public, and we encourage you to take the time to view Summary Sheet of Licensing History Report and the most recent Report of Inspection on the providers you are considering prior to making a decision about your child’s care. The Summary Sheet of Licensing History will list complaints and/or negative licensing actions that a provider has had. A more detailed report can also be requested specific to a given complaint number. To request these licensing reports, call 303-866-3755 or visit

Provider Exclusion and Complaint Policy

Our office reserves the right to select any licensed child care provider for referrals or remove from our referral database at our discretion. Refer to our complaint guidelines for details. Our office maintains an effective system for documenting and responding to complaints about child care providers. Our office is dedicated to building quality child care supply by supporting child care providers. Our staff are mandatory reporters and follow mandatory reporting laws and unless required by law to report, this information will not be shared.

Funding support is provided by the Boulder County, Foothills United Way and Qualistar Colorado. Funding is also provided by the Colorado Department of Human Services, Division of Early Care and Learning as the lead agency in Colorado for administering the Child Care and Development Funds available through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.


If your family is enrolled in CCCAP, your provider is receiving the CCCAP reimbursement rate which is lower than the market rate. The “gap” between the market rate and the CCCAP reimbursement makes it difficult to serve CCCAP children.

The cities of Boulder and Longmont provide funding so that the Child Care Resources and Referral Program (CCRR) can pay your child care provider the difference between the amount that CCCAP pays, and the average market rate for child care. The Gap subsidy was designed to help improve the availability of child care for your children. While you won’t see any direct financial benefit, you may find that providers are willing to accept CCCAP children when they know they will receive the Gap payment. Gap subsidies are contingent on available funds.

Who is eligible?

  • You must be on CCCAP to be eligible for the Gap program
  • You must live in the Boulder County

What do you need to apply for Gap?

  • Completed Application
  • Proof of residency in the Boulder County: a copy of recent telephone bill, lease or other public service
  • A copy of your current CCCAP Certificate
  • Mail the information to:
    Child Care Subsidy and Referral Program
    515 Coffman St.
    Longmont, CO 80501

When we have received these materials, we will make arrangements for the Gap payment to your provider (contingent on available funds).

Once you are enrolled…

  • Your provider is going to start receiving a monthly check from the CCSR program, the “gap” between CCCAP reimbursement and the market rate. The Gap payment is made directly to your child care provider.
  • You are still responsible for paying the CCCAP parental fee directly to the provider.
  • Your authorization for the Gap program will begin the first day of the month in which you are enrolled on the program.
  • You will be authorized for the program for the same period of time that you are authorized for CCCAP.
  • Each time you enroll or re-certify with the Gap program, you will receive a new Payment Certificate that lists your child’s name, the child care provider, the amount we will pay to the child care provider, and the dates you are eligible for the program. Please keep this Payment Certificate for your records.
  • You are responsible for notifying the CCSR program within 30 days of any changes to your circumstances such as new address, new telephone number, changes on your eligibility for CCCAP, new child care provider, or different child care schedule. Failure to inform the program of these changes can result in dis-enrollment from the program.

For more information call 303-441-3544 or email


The first step in obtaining assistance is applying with the Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP), a statewide program. Visit for information on program administration within Boulder County.


The next step is applying for a Gap subsidy. This subsidy pays child care providers the difference between the CCCAP rate of pay and the average market rate for child care is in this area. These additional funds expand the number of potential provider one can choose from when selecting child care. Gap is only available to those who have qualified for CCCAP and also live in the City of Longmont.

Child Care Financial Assistance Resources

Colorado Child Care Contribution Tax Credit Links

Contact Us

Housing & Human Services

Phone: 303-441-1000
Fax: 303-441-1523
Submit a question

Mailing Address
P.O. Box 471
Boulder, CO 80306

Boulder Location

Benefits: 3460 Broadway
Map & Directions

Housing: 2525 13th St, Suite 204
Map & Directions
Fax: 720-564-2283
Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM - M-F

Longmont Location

515 Coffman St.
Map & Directions
Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM - M-F

Connect With Us