Planning documents outline appropriate uses of open space and guide natural resource management. Updates are done as new research, land acquisitions, or management needs arise.
Management Plans & Policies
Current Planning Projects
A plan has been drafted that would allow hunting at Rabbit Mountain as a means to manage an elk heard that is causing extensive resource damage.
Planning has begun for post-flood restoration along the South St. Vrain Creek and Hall Meadows area.
Post-flood restoration work is underway along the St. Vrain Creek between US 36 and Airport Road.
The Open Space Element of the Comprehensive Plan is currently being updated.
The goal of the Regional Mountain Trails Master Plan is to connect communities and recreation areas in the mountains and foothills to regional trails in the plains. The plan will emphasize linking existing trails and trail systems.
Listing of All Management Plans & Policies
- Bald Mountain Management Plan
- Betasso Management Plan
- Boulder County Fairgrounds Policy Manual
- Caribou Ranch Management Plan
- Carolyn Holmberg Preserve at Rock Creek Farm Management Plan
- Cropland Policy
- Emerald Ash Borer Management Plan
- Forest Management Policy
- Gunbarrel Hill Agricultural Management Plan
- Harney Lastoka Management Plan
- Heil Valley Ranch 2 Small Area Plan
- Jointly Owned Lafayette Louisville Open Space Management Plan
- Lagerman Imel AHI Management Plan
- Lower Boulder Creek and Coal Creek Master Plan
- Marshall Superior Coalton Trail Corridor Management Plan
- Mud Lake Management Plan
- Niwot Trails Master Plan & Amendment
- North Foothills Hall Ranch Heil Valley Ranch Trevarton Management Plan
- Noxious Weed Management Plan
- Noxious Weed Management Policies and Procedures
- Pella Crossing and Marlatt Recreation and Visitor Use Plan
- Platt Rogers, Reynolds Ranch & Rogers Open Space Management Plan
- Prairie Dog Habitat Element of the Grassland Management Plan
- Quicksilver Trail Management Plan
- Rabbit Mountain Management Plan
- Rock Creek Grasslands Open Space Management Plan
- St Vrain Creek Corridor Management Plan
- St Vrain Trail Master Plan
- Twin Lakes Management Plan
- Two Creeks Open Space Management Plan
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Policy
- Walden Ponds Management Plan
- Walker Ranch Management Plan
- Ward BLM Environmental Assessment Record
- Ward BLM Exchange – Notice of Availability
- Water Policy