Please read the following items before making an appointment:
- Do NOT make an appointment if you need a driver-related service (e.g., driver’s license, temporary driving permit, driving history, ID card, etc.). Driver’s Licenses/Permits are not issued by this office. They are issued by the Department of Revenue.
- Appointments are not available for renewals. In almost all circumstances, vehicle renewals can be completed online or at a MV Express Kiosk. (Remember you have a one month grace period – unless driving out of state).
- Appointments are currently available for services that cannot be completed online or by mail (see box above). We are mainly taking appointments for:
- New titles, out-of-state titles, title concerns
- Private party sales
- First-time registrations that could not be completed online or by mail
- Or for transactions you have attempted online, but cannot complete and/or cannot complete in a timely fashion (due to travel, emergency, etc.)
- Appointments are available Monday-Thursday at all three offices – Boulder, Lafayette, or Longmont – from 7:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. In general, our Lafayette and Longmont offices have more availability than our Boulder office.
- Please make sure to review any requirements needed for the service you are seeking prior to your appointment time. All services are linked from the Motor Vehicle homepage.