Do NOT make an appointment if you need a driver-related service (e.g., driver’s license, temporary driving permit, driving history, ID card, etc.).
- Driver’s Licenses/Permits are not issued by this office. They are issued by the Department of Revenue.
Please also note that appointments are not available for renewals.
- In almost all circumstances, vehicle renewals can be completed online or at a MV Express Kiosk. (Remember you have a one month grace period – unless driving out of state).
Appointments are currently available for services that cannot be completed online or by mail (see box above). We are mainly taking appointments for:
- New titles, out-of-state titles, title concerns
- Private party sales
- First-time registrations that could not be completed online or by mail
- Or for transactions you have attempted online, but cannot complete and/or cannot complete in a timely fashion (due to travel, emergency, etc.)
Also, driver’s license/permits are not issued by this office. They are issued by the Department of Revenue.
Appointments available Monday-Friday at all three offices – Boulder, Lafayette, or Longmont – from 8 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.