Federal, state, and local agencies are working together in development of plans to:
- Respond to emergency situations when they occur
- Support medical needs and medical infrastructure
- Provide public information during an emergency
- Meeting with businesses and community groups to aid in response.
- Meeting with local, state, and federal leadership.
- Developing vaccines and medications.
- Planning and practicing the rapid distribution of vaccines and medications.
Members of the public can help by keeping informed and understanding the importance of following public health instructions to stay home if necessary.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization
- National Institutes of Health (vaccine development)
This information has been compiled from resources provided by the Centers for Disease Control (www.cdc.gov), World Health Organization (www.who.int), and the Department of Homeland Security (www.ready.gov).