When a loved one’s drinking or drug use has become a concern, it is easy to feel powerless. The good news is you are not alone. Help is available.
Define the Problem
A drinking or drugging habit becomes a problem when it causes trouble in:
- School or work
- Social activities
- How a person thinks or feels
This tool can help you or someone you care about decide if a drinking/drugging pattern has become a real problem.
- Contact Mental Health Partners at 303-443-8500
- For a teen or young adult, learn about Substance Abuse Classes & Evaluations
- Speak to your doctor or health care provider
- Contact Al-Anon/Alateen to get support for yourself. (Al-Anon and Alateen provide support for people who have an alcoholic or addict in their lives.)
- Call the National Drug and Alcohol Treatment Referral Routing Service at 1-800-662-HELP