We offer a variety of rental homes ranging in size from studios to four bedroom units throughout Boulder County, in Lafayette, Longmont, Louisville, Lyons and Nederland. BCHA is a not-for-profit organization committed to providing quality homes at affordable prices.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Submit a fully completed BCHA rental application, If/when you are offered a unit, staff will conduct a background check for each adult member of your household age 18 and over. At that time, staff will collect a fee of $10.95 for each background check. This fee is non-refundable and must be paid by a personal check or money order. Cash will not be accepted.
How do I Qualify?
Minimum Age: Applicants/Tenants must be at least 18 years of age to enter into a lease agreement.
For each adult 18 years and older:
For each minor child under 18 years of age:
- Copy of Social Security Card; AND
- Copies of Identification (ANY of the following): state-issued driver’s license, state-issued identification card, Resident Alien Card or Government-Issued Passport.
- Copy of birth certificate; AND
- Copy of Social Security Card.
Applicants must have:
- A combined gross income (before taxes and deductions) of at least 1.5 times the rent of the offered unit or a (Section 8) Housing Choice Voucher; AND
- A minimum of six (6) months of steady employment OR a verifiable, sufficient source of income (such as Social Security, SSDI, etc.); AND
Two (2) years of satisfactory rental history is required.
BCHA will conduct a national criminal background check for all adults age 18 years and older. You may be denied housing if the following apply to you:
- A felony arrest or conviction within the past six (6) years; AND/OR
- An arrest or conviction involving a violent or sexual crime; AND/OR
- Use of methamphetamine in the last 12 months or use of a controlled substance other than meth in the last six months.; AND/OR
- A consistent record of arrests, misdemeanors or felonies.