Boulder County Historic Preservation Advisory Board (HPAB)
HPAB is an advisory board appointed by the Board of County Commissioners to provide guidance to the county on historic preservation issues. Its primary focus is to review structures and sites for historic significance and to review building or development plans which might affect these resources. HPAB also reviews landmark applications and must approve building plans which result in the alteration of an historic landmark.
Meetings are usually held the first Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. in the Commissioners’ Hearing Room on the third floor of the County Courthouse, 1325 Pearl St., Boulder, CO.
- The next HPAB meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. on July 12, 2018. View the agenda and packet.
Each meeting is a public hearing and at the beginning of each meeting, anyone may address the Board with historic preservation concerns or questions.
Please Note: Occasionally, scheduling conflicts require that the HPAB meet at a different time and location. If you wish to attend a meeting, you may want to phone the Land Use Department at 303-441-3930 to verify the date, time, and location of the meeting.
Past Agendas and Packets
- June 7, 2018 agenda and packet
- May 3, 2018 agenda and packet
- April 5, 2018 agenda and packet
- March 1, 2018 agenda and packet
- December 7, 2017 agenda and packet
- July 6, 2017 agenda and packet
- May 4, 2017 agenda and packet
- February 9, 2017 agenda and packet
- December 1, 2016 agenda and packet
- October 6, 2016 agenda and packet
- June 2, 2016 agenda and packet
- May 5, 2016 agenda and packet
- April 7, 2016 agenda and packet
- January 7, 2016 agenda and packet
- November 5, 2015 agenda and packet
- October 1, 2015 agenda and packet
- September 3, 2015 agenda and packet
- August 6, 2015 agenda and packet
HPAB Docket Information
HPAB is currently made up of seven to nine members of the local community. In order to represent a range of interests in the County, people in the following fields are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Building Trades
If you are interested in being appointed to the HPAB board you may submit an Historic Preservation Advisory Board Member Application (see Boards & Commissions information) during the yearly recruitment for county boards which generally occurs at the beginning of every year.
- James Burrus, Chair
- Marissa Ferreira, Vice-chair
- Steven Barnard
- Ilona Dotterrer
- Jason Emery
- Charles Gray
- Stanley Nilson
- Rosslyn Scamehorn
- George Schusler