The Boulder County Land Use Code is an important tool that plays a large role in determining how unincorporated Boulder County will look in the future. Public input is critical to the Land Use Code success.
It is a dynamic document that must adjust to changes in practices, site conditions and/or to deal with unintended consequences. The Land Use Code may be amended through initiation of the Planning Commission or the Boulder County Commissioners. The amendment process provides procedures consistent with applicable State requirements by which changes may be made to the text of the Code and to the Official Zoning Map. This procedure shall apply to all proposals to change the text of the Code or to revise a zoning district classification or zoning district boundary line shown on the Official Zoning Map.
The Board or County Commissioners need the public’s input in making the Land Use Code a better document that reflects community values, is administered as fairly as possible, can be clearly understood, and effectively implements the basic vision of the Boulder County Comprehensive Plan.
To participate in revising the Land Use Code, subscribe to the Land Use Code Notification email list to keep up-to-date on meetings, decisions, and other pertinent information.
Current Amendments Under Review
- DC-17-0002: Amendments to the Boulder County Land Use Code and Boulder County Multimodal Transportation Standards for parking-related uses and regulations
Amendments On Hold
Recent Past Amendments
- DC-17-0001: Amendments to the floodplain regulations and related provisions and Z-17-0001 Zoning Map Amendments to the Floodplain Overlay District
- DC-15-0003: Amendments related to adoption of firing or shooting ranges as a specific use definition
- DC-16-0004: Amendments to oil and gas development regulations
- DC-16-0005: Amendments related to Article 4-802.B.3.a of the Site Plan Review regulations
- DC-16-0003: Boulder County Storm Drainage Criteria Manual
- DC-16-0002: Amendments to Article 4 and Article 18 to address the cultivation and processing of marijuana as a Residential Accessory Use
- DC-16-0001: Amendments related to Article 13 – Signs
- DC-15-0004: Amendments to floodplain regulations and related provisions
- DC-15-0001: Amendments to Article 15-200.A.2 Historic Preservation Advisory Board Selection
- DC-14-0004: Amendments to Boulder County Recovery and Rebuilding Regulations
- DC-14-0002: Amendments to Land Use Code (“SI Cumulative Amendment”)
- DC-14-0001: Amendments to Land Use Code to define retail and medical marijuana as a combined use and amendments to related terms and provisions
- DC-13-0003: Front Range Flood and Extreme Rain Text Amendments to Article 19 of Land Use Code
- DC-13-0002: Amendments to Article 4-512.I of the Land Use Code pertaining to Medical Marijuana Centers
- DC-13-0001: Various Policy Clarifications and Clean-Up Amendments
- DC-12-0006: Amendments relating to Erosion and Sediment Control and Stormwater Quality and Management
- DC-12-0005: Amendments to Article 4-400 and Article 18 of the Land Use Code
- DC-12-0004: Amendments to Article 4-116: Niwot Rural Community District
- DC-12-0002: Amendments to Article 4-802
- DC-12-0001: Amendment to Residential Floor Area
- DC-11-0003: Agricultural Amendments
- DC-11-0002: Policy Clarifications
- DC-11-0001: Land Use Code Update: Solar Gardens and Commercial Solar Energy Systems
- DC-10-0004: Land Use Code Update: Multimodal Transportation Standards