Learn about transportation projects, construction, planning, and road maintenance. Access transportation programs and maps designed to increase mobility throughout Boulder County.
Traffic Impact Announcements
Niwot & Neva roadway repaving – Expect lane closures and delays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. On Sept. 16, 19 and 20, Niwot Road will be limited to eastbound traffic only between CO 119 and 79th Street. Detours will be in place.
Lee Hill and Deer Trail Reconstruction Project Underway – DAYTIME/WEEKDAY ROAD CLOSURES START JULY 29 – NO CYCLING AT ANY TIME DUE TO UNSAFE CONSTRUCTION CONDITIONS – WORK EXPECTED THROUGH OCT. 2019
95th Street (Lookout to Plateau) Reconstruction/Widening Project Underway – Work will require daytime, weekday lane closures – Expect delays
Lower Fourmile Canyon Drive (CO 119 to Salina) Flood Recovery Project Underway – Expect delays of up-to 15 minutes
Boulder County Road Statistics:
- 398 miles of paved road
- 269 miles of gravel road
- 71 miles of “J” or “Jeep” roads
- 91 major bridges
- 420 minor structures “large culverts and smaller bridges”
- 7,000 small culverts (approximately)
- 19 traffic signals & 7 school-zone flashing signs
Mobility Choice Blueprint
The Mobility Choice Blueprint is a collaborative strategy to help the Denver metro region identify how to best prepare for and invest in the rapidly changing technology that is revolutionizing transportation mobility. A unique planning and funding partnership of CDOT, DRCOG, RTD and the Denver Metro Chamber is creating the Mobility Choice Blueprint – a coordinated strategic direction for the evolving mobility of the region related to walking, bicycling, driving, and transit. The 2030 Blueprint will analyze travel trends and technologies in the region, explore an evaluate various technologies and their implications for mobility, align transportation investments of multiple public agencies, and create new planning and implementation partnerships.
Department Divisions (hover over image to learn more)
Multimodal Planning Division
Fleet Services Division
- Manages the county’s fleet of vehicles and machinery
- Performs maintenance and repairs
- Purchases vehicles and equipment
- Works to improve the fleet’s sustainability
Learn more about Boulder County’s Fleet Electrification goals!
- Development of transportation policies and programs
- Management, planning, and permitting for county floodplains & drainages to minimize flood-related damages
- Capital project and Capital Improvement Program (CIP) planning
- Planning & programming of the 2007 Countywide Transportation Sales Tax Program & Projects, including coordination with towns and cities
- Review of land development to ensure safety and mobility and to preserve the public right-of-way
- Our Road Maintenance team keeps our roads safe and clean!
- Responsibilities include: culverts, dust control, paving, asphalt and gravel, road grading, road signs, snow plowing and removal, tree and brush removal, and many other tasks
- Roadside mowing and weed control is the responsibility of the county Parks & Open Space Department – 303-678-6200
- Ditches are the responsibility of the ditch owner – Learn more
- Road Maintenance contact – 303-441-3962 or the online form