The Boulder County Planning Commission (PC) conducts public hearings and takes action on Land Use Code Updates and Development Applications Under Review and advises the County Commissioners of those actions and on planning matters. The PC has statutory responsibility to make, adopt, and amend the Boulder County Comprehensive Plan.
The commission also has a role in reviewing and acting on revisions and amendments to the Boulder Valley Comprehensive Plan as authorized under the four-body intergovernmental agreement between the City of Boulder and Boulder County.
See Guidelines for Planning Commission Hearings for more information and meeting protocol.
Receive Planning Commission agendas via email or text message.
Sign Up for Updates
The Planning Commission meets on the third Wednesday of each month, in the Commissioners’ Hearing Room on the third floor of the downtown County Courthouse building, 1325 Pearl Street, Boulder, Colorado. View the Planning Commission agenda for meeting times.
Past Meeting and Hearing Videos
Live streaming and archiving of Planning Commission meetings and hearings began on Nov. 16, 2016. The archived video recordings will be available on the Public Meetings, Hearings, Records & Video Archives approximately two days after each meeting.
- Planning Commission meeting video, March 15, 2017
- Planning Commission meeting video, Feb. 18, 2017
- Planning Commission meeting video, Jan. 18, 2017
- Planning Commission meeting video, Dec. 21, 2016
- Planning Commission meeting video, Nov. 16, 2016
2017 Past Agendas and Minutes
- Docket BCCP-16-0001: Joint Study Session Public Meeting – Planning Commission and Resource Conservation Advisory Board, March 22, 2017
- Planning Commission agenda, March 15, 2017
- Planning Commission agenda and minutes, February 15, 2017
- Planning Commission agenda and minutes, January 18, 2017
2016 Past Agendas and Minutes
- View all Agendas and Minutes from 2016
2015 Past Agendas and Minutes
- View all Agendas and Minutes from 2015
2014 Past Agendas and Minutes
- View all Agendas and Minutes from 2014
For older Planning Commission agendas, please submit a request via the Ask a Planner Form.
Appointed Volunteer Participants (Citizens)
- Michael Baker
- Ben Blaugrund
- Natalie Feinberg Lopez
- Sam Fitch
- Lieschen Gargano
- Ann Goldfarb
- Daniel Hilton
- Leah Martinsson
- Sean Stewart
- Doug Young
- Dale Case
- Ben Doyle
- Steven Giang
- Richard Hackett
- Amy Oeth
- Kathy Parker
- Kim Sanchez
- Nicole Wobus
- Others as needed