The Boulder County Community Planning & Permitting Planning Division includes the Development Review team (Site Plan Review, Current Planning, and Zoning Review) and Long Range Team (Long Range, Special Projects, and Public Information), as well as support staff.
The Planning Division’s primary responsibilities are maintaining the Boulder County Comprehensive Plan and Boulder County Land Use Code, reviewing development proposals for consistency with the Comprehensive Plan and conformance with the Land Use Code, conducting site visits and inspections, answering day-to-day planning and zoning questions from the public, and Historic Preservation.
Land Use Planning Information
- Ask a Planner Form
- Land Use Board of Adjustment (BOA)
- Boulder County Comprehensive Plan
- Boulder County Comprehensive Plan Update
- Boulder County Land Use Code
- Land Use Code Updates
- BVCP-15-0001: Boulder Valley Comprehensive Plan Update
- Development Applications Under Review
- Historic Preservation Advisory Board
- Intergovernmental Agreements (IGAs)
- Community Planning & Permitting Staff Directory
- Municipality Contacts Within Boulder County
- Land Use Planning Commission (PC)
- Planning FAQ
- Planning Publications
- Land Use Planning Review Processes
- Planning Process Fee Schedule
- Site Plan Review
- Townsite Planning Initiative
- What is Planning?
- Boulder County Zoning
For more information, or if you have questions on planning in Boulder County, please call 303-441-3930 or email using the Ask a Planner form.