The Child Health Promotion program promotes the health and wellness of children and families in Boulder County, with particular emphasis on improving the health, safety, and quality of care for children in child care settings.
Child Health Promotion
COVID-19 Resources for Child Care
Thank you for your commitment to the health and safety of our community. We will continue to keep you informed with up-to-date guidance that may affect you as we continue through the COVID-19 response. Please contact us at HealthECECOVID@bouldercounty.org if you have specific questions or concerns.
The Boulder County Early Childhood Council is referring families who need child care to programs who have slots. If you are a child care program with slots to fill or a family needing care, go to: https://www.eccbouldercounty.org/.
Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 in Your Early Care & Education Program
Symptom Screening & Managing Illness
- Cases & Outbreaks in Child Care & Schools
- At Home Screening Tool A checklist for parents and school staff
- Child/staff feels or appears unwell after arriving at school A screening tool to determine who needs to be sent home from school
- Return to Learn (Boulder County is currently in Safer at Home: Level 2).Three tools (R1, R2, & R3) to determine how long a person needs to stay home after going / staying home sick. Return to Learn (R1) is to be used with communities in Protect our neighbor. Return to Learn (R2) is to be used with communities in Safer at Home: Level 1 or 2. Return to Learn (R3) is to be used with communities in the Safer at Home: Level 3.
- What happens to the contacts A tool to determine if classmates or cohort members or close contacts of a sick person need to stay home
- How Sick is too Sick
- Revised Child Health Screening Form
- Revised Employee Health Screening Form
- COVID-19 Testing
- COVID-19 Dial Dashboard
Re-Opening/Approval of Operations
- Approval of Child Care Operations During COVID-19
- Open/Re-open Checklist for Child Care Programs During COVID-19
Resources & Guidance
- Boulder County COVID-19 Updates & Resources
- Guidance for Children’s Day Camps & Youth Sports Camps
- Safer at Home Child Care Facilities
- COVID-19 General Resources
- Resource Guide for Child Care Providers During COVID-19
- Summer Camp COVID Letter
- Sample Parent Closure Letter
- CDPHE Case & Outbreak Guidance
- What happens to the contacts A tool to determine if classmates or cohort members or close contacts of a sick person need to stay home.
- Who is a close Contact? A tool to determine who is a close contact in schools meeting specific criteria for disease prevalence, administrative capacity, and transmission risk mitigation strategies. This tool is not to be used in schools that are using small cohorts of students and staff where the same group of students and staff limit their exposures by staying together for more than one class period.
Cleaning & Disinfecting Guidelines for COVID-19
- Cleaning Guidance for COVID-19
- EPA’s Registered Antimicrobial Products for Use Against COVID-19
- Reopening Guidance for Cleaning & Disinfecting
Talking with Children About COVID-19
- Storytelling to Help Children Understand COVID-19
- Coronavirus Story
- Going Back to School Story by Kid Connects
Talking with Parents About COVID-19
- Helping Children Return to Care
- Talking Points for ECE Staff on Guiding Parents
- Partnering with Parents on Transition Back to School
- COVID-19 Resources for Parents (English & Spanish)